Information for Users
Information for Users
Thank you for your interest in doing research with the PCRF. This section will guide you through the submission process.
First, please read about the call, submission, review, and decision process by clicking the below button and downloading the information document.
Second, please click the below button to download the research template. The template contains all of the instructions, requirements, and necessary information needed from you to submit a complete proposal.
Once you have completed your proposal, please fill in the short form below and upload your document. Your proposal will be sent to PCRF principal investigator Yevgeny Raitses (firstname.lastname@example.org), and will be reviewed as soon as possible.
Because the submission period is over, the form is closed. If you wish to submit an out of cycle proposal, please email email@example.com.
Once you have submitted, please wait for PCRF to reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Current Call for Proposals
- Opening call for proposals: November 2, 2020
- Closing call for proposals: December 11, 2020
- External Review: ~1 month
- Downselect: January 22, 2021
- Decision: January 29, 2021
- Notification of Principal Investigators: by February 8, 2021
The facilities will consider out-of-cycle proposals throughout the year depending on the availability of the facilities. Interested applicants should contact the respective facilities.
Transportation to PCRF
The PCRF facilities are accessible through many modes of transportation:
- Four major international airports (Newark Liberty, Philadelphia, John F. Kennedy, LaGuardia) are within a 1-2 hour car/bus/shuttle drive/train ride from the Princeton area
- 10-20 minute drive from Amtrak/NJ Transit train stations (Princeton Junction, Trenton)
- A Princeton University bus shuttle runs hourly between Princeton and PPPL via the Princeton Junction train station, hotel area, and shopping center
- PPPL and Princeton MAE department PCRF labs are near U.S. Highway 1, which connects to a number of nearby Interstate (95, 295) and state highways
- Several hotels are located within a five minute drive from both PPPL and Princeton University
PPPL is obligated to comply with the U.S. Department of Energy Order 142.3A for persons visiting the site who are not citizens of the United States of America. All such persons must have approval prior to visiting PPPL.
- For visitors from non-sensitive countries, the approval is usually within a couple of days.