Information for Users
Information for Users
Thank you for your interest in doing research with the PCRF. This section will guide you through the submission process.
First, please read about the call, submission, review, and decision process by clicking the below button and downloading the information document.
Second, please click the below button to download the research template. The template contains all of the instructions, requirements, and necessary information needed from you to submit a complete proposal.
Once you have completed your proposal, please fill in the short form below and upload your document. Your proposal will be sent to PCRF principal investigator Yevgeny Raitses (email@example.com), and will be reviewed as soon as possible.
Proposal Upload Form
Once you have submitted, please wait for PCRF to reach out to you to discuss next steps.
Current Call for Proposals
- Opening call for proposals: October 10, 2022
- Closing call for proposals: December 16, 2022
- External Review: ~1.5 months
- Notification of Principal Investigators: by February 3, 2023
The facilities will consider out-of-cycle proposals throughout the year depending on the availability of the facilities. Interested applicants should contact the respective facilities.
Access to PCRF and options for stay in the Princeton area
PPPL address: 100 Stellarator Rd, Princeton, NJ 08540
PU PCRF address: Engineering Quadrangle, 41 Olden St, Princeton, NJ 08544
PPPL and PU PCRF labs are next to Rt # 1 connecting to a number of nearby Interstate and state highways (IS 95/295, NJ turnpike).
Convenient transportation to the PCRF
- Four major international airports (Newark, Philadelphia, JFK, LaGuardia) within 1- 2 hours car/bus/ shuttle drive/train ride to the Princeton area,
- 10-40 min drive from Amtrak/NJ Transit train stations (Princeton Junction, Trenton, Philadelphia)
- Princeton University bus shuttle (hourly) between Princeton and PPPL via Princeton Junction train station, hotel area, and shopping center
Several hotels within 5-10 min drive from both PPPL and Princeton University:
Note that the Princeton University bus shuttle has a stop near both Homewood Suites and Courtyard by Marriott
PPPL is obligated to comply with the U.S. Department of Energy Order 142.3A for persons visiting the site who are not citizens of the United States of America. All such persons must have approval prior to visiting PPPL.
For visitors from non-sensitive counties, the approval is usually within a week
More information about access to the PPPL is here: https://www.pppl.gov/about/visiting-pppl